Education Equity Lawyer
We protect students of all ages from discriminatory policies and practices focused on race, gender identity, and disability.
Education & School Discrimination Attorney NY & NJ
We have represent students, parents, educators, and schools related to discrimination, inclusion, and educational parity. We protect students of all ages from discriminatory policies and practices focused on race, gender identity, and disability. Our team has won victories in desegregation and racial equity cases and assisted many families facing gender discrimination, obtaining special education services, and addressing school discipline. We have a proven track record of vigorous advocacy and thoughtful solutions that ensure safe learning environments at elementary, middle and high schools and institutions of higher education across New York and New Jersey.
We advise families facing a wide range of educational challenges, including matters related to special education, bilingual and gifted programs, Individualized Educational Programs (IEP), gender or sexual orientation issues, disciplinary proceedings, and racial and ethnic inequities. From classrooms to restrooms to the playing field, our goal is to protect students’ dignity and preserve their right to a quality education in an inclusive environment.
We counsel clients in education-related issues that arise under a variety of federal, state and constitutional laws, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- Human Rights Act
- Requirements around bullying, school discipline, gifted education, special education and anti-discrimination policies
- Charter School Laws
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- McKinney–Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act
- The United States and Illinois Constitutions
- Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 regarding English language learners
- Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, regarding sex discrimination and harassment
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, regarding race and national origin discrimination
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights regulations and investigations
If you have experienced education and or school discrimination – do not hesitate to assert your rights. Contact our education equity lawyer today to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced education discrimination attorney. Let us help you pursue the justice and compensation that you deserve.